Sandoval Rules for THE RANGE
Updated November 2020
1) Club sanctioned events and maintenance take precedence over casual shooting.
2) No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is allowed on Club property.
3) All pertinent Federal, State and local laws shall be obeyed while on Club property.
4) Eye protection is mandatory. Ear protection is suggested.
5) Treat all firearms as though they are loaded.
6) Keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times.
7) Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you are on target.
8) Handguns shall be pointed downrange at all times when not holstered.
9) Handguns shall not be drawn from holster or holstered with finger in trigger guard.
10) Never accept or hand a firearm to anyone unless the action is open.
11) The red flags must be up when anyone is down range on the rifle range.
12) Never shoot until the firing line has been cleared.
13) Members shall immediately stop unsafe actions by others and report the violator to the Board of Directors.
14) Targets shall be placed immediately in front of the backstops. (Never above the wooden pallets.)
15) All Range users (members and their guests) MUST sign-in and sign-out. (including non-shooting guests.)
16) Your guests are your responsibility and must be supervised at all times when on club property.
17) Membership cards shall be displayed on your person while on Club property. Members shall demand proof of membership of anyone not displaying a membership card. The clip straps for your cards are provided at the sign-in /sign-out area.
18) No shooter under 18 years old is allowed on Club property unless accompanied by a parent/guardian club member.
19) It is the shooter’s responsibility to police their spent casings, trash and target material and dispose of them in the proper manner. (Remove your targets when finished.)
20) The Range is open every day. (8 am until DUSK.)
RANGE rules are subject to change at any time. Please check the posted rules on this website.
Lots of donated time, effort and expense goes into providing a place for you to enjoy shooting. Your cooperation and help are appreciated and expected. Leave the Range better than you found it.
SAFETY FIRST, LAST AND ALWAYS!
Failure to follow the rules may lead to your membership being terminated.
From Sandoval: North, 1 mile to Range Rd., then East 0.6 mile.
Questions or concerns: Please call Darrell @ 618-267-6952